Just Waking

I'm just waking up to the world around me. Has it really been this long? Where am I going and what am I doing? Just walking along I guess. Help me. This is a collaborative blog. Contributors' main blogs are linked below.

Monday, February 13, 2006

a brief intermission

Ok, I was away this weekend. I just went through and re-read all the posts, copy/pasting pertinent info for continuity and to try to tie things together as I advance this thing.

Ambassador and family being held? Innocent runaways in the apartment below? Grenades exploding and floors collapsing? Stray bullets to the chest? The coin? I had him remembering her from before? I've inherited a logistical nightmare!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHH.
*deep breath*
Ok. Better now.

This may take me a few days. LOL Any thoughts or suggestion are welcome via e-mail or IM.

5 Comments:

Blogger KyuBall said...

Sorry to send you over the edge. I sent you a couple of suggestions. Hope that helps.

8:42 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Prata said...

I'll get around to some idea sending shortly. The important thing to remember though (as I think this was the goal) is to not to worry _too_ much over small details that don't largely effect the desired result.

The goal is really more of a "exercise your creative muscle" type thing. If we have some inconsistencies, that's alright. Mapping out major points would be a good idea; we can collab on that as well.

As a side note, I'd like to make it clear I have no defined ending or premise. I'm like the king of rewrites lol, I don't mind rewriting any pieces to add or retract information for the sake of at least a largely continuing storyling. If someone or many have a general idea of where they'd like to see the story go, let's put that down either in comments or in posts. We can then always delete non-story related items later and let it flow continuously.

If by chance, everyone thinks that it will be too difficult to continue to follow a storyline, but would like to do a theme based idea then that would be okay as well. The goal once again, I think is to exercise that muscle. Weak in sci-fi? Perhaps we should do somethin' like "Okay, this week we are doing sci-fi; the basis of your short work (or long depending on your perspective) will be future time. Each of us must have certain elements to make it a sci-fi feel. Then each of us post based upon that criteria. We can even vote on what the next basis for the short work will be.

I see this a lot in writing contests on various writing boards. Just in case anyone is feeling intimidated by this little venture. I'm all about offering ideas.

8:03 AM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger Gina said...

I think I'm good now. :) *wrings hands eeevuhl-ness* It will be worth the wait. :)

12:07 PM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger Prata said...

Who's goin' who's goin?! *hops up and down like a 5 year old on speed*

8:09 AM, February 22, 2006  
Blogger Gina said...

I'm almost done. I want to add a one more scene just to solidify where I am going... :)

3:43 PM, February 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home